1. How can I download TorTalk App?
(A) You can find #tortalk on App Store.
(B) We are working hard to make TorTalk available also in Google Play (Android) . Leave your email if you want a shout when it is ready.
2 Do you have any App instruction? How can I use the TorTalk App?
Our App is easy to use, here is a one minute video introduction.
3. How can I cancel my iOS App subscription?
4. Will my license key work also for the App?
No unfortunately not, but you can Free trial at App Store.
5. Which TTS voices can I use together with TorTalk?
Around 60 TTS voices in 20 languages are included with tor.talk for computer. See voices and languages here.
For iOS around 25 TTS voices in 10 languages are included.
6. Can I use TorTalk on different computers?
No, after buying TorTalk, you will get one license key which can be only used on one computer. Please observe that TorTalk Windows and TorTalk Mac are two different applications.
7. I've got a license key from school, what do I do next?
We have a page for pupils and students, here you will find relevant information.
8. Is it possible to use TorTalk to also read text that can’t be highlighted?
Yes, on your computer click on tor.talks OCR button, then place the OCR box over the text you want to have read and then select the play button in the box. This works for all format of text, for example; images of text, non-editable PDF files and e-books.
9. Are updates included when I buy TorTalk?
Yes, updates of TorTalk Windows and TorTalk Mac are included from the date of purchase until your subscription expires.
10. How is TorTalk updated?
When the computer has access to internet, TorTalk will automatically search for updates. App Store will let you know when an update for TorTalk iOS is available.
11. Which operating systems can I use with TorTalk Windows?
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 PRO (but not RT) and Windows 10. Read more about system requirements here
2 GB RAM or higher.
At least 600 MB available on hard drive.
12. Which operating systems can I use with TorTalk Mac?
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or newer. Read more about system requirements.
13. TorTalk always read from clipboard on my computer, can I turn this off?
Unfortunately we have not found a good enough solution for this yet. We are working towards a solution that will not interfere with our application being intuitiv. For a quick stop of the TTS voice through a hot key, please take a look at the next Question.
14. How can I get the TTS voice to stop reading?
Click on Pause. You can also use hot key right shift (pause) or right control (stop) on the keyboard, TorTalk Windows. For TorTalk Mac, please use right shift.
15. Is it possible to save audio files using TorTalk?
No, so far we have chosen not to include this functions in order to retain simplicity and fast start up of the application. TorTalk is always easy to use and quick to start if you want to read a text again.
16. What happens if my computer breaks down?
We will renew your license key. Please fill in the form below, write your original license key if you have, purchase name, email address and send to us. We will handle your case manually.
17. My TorTalk Mac does not read from clipboard but OCR works?
Apple has increased security and you have to enable TorTalk in Settings/Security/Integrity/Aid tools. Please start by pressing the locker down on your left.
18. Can I as an administrator do an offline activation of TorTalk?
Yes, for TorTalk Windows. Please follow the instructions here.